Drug addiction is among the most pressing societal issues in the US today. With the opioid epidemic still raging, a mental health crisis and economic strains in the aftermath of the COVID pandemic seem to fuel drug addictions across the nation. To help address this public health crisis, we at Harmony Ridge Recovery start locally. For years, we’ve operated the rehab center Charleston WV continues to trust, with unwavering professionalism and dedication to our mission.
If you or your loved ones are in need of rehab services, we’re confident we can meet your every need. Here, we’ll outline why – and what sets us apart from other drug and alcohol treatment centers in West Virginia.
What makes rehab successful?
First, for some valuable context, we may outline exactly what makes rehab successful to begin with.
Rehab is a very challenging process for a wealth of reasons, and relapse is very common. Specifically, NIDA reports that a staggering 40-60% of those with substance use disorders (SUDs) relapse after receiving rehab services. As such, addiction treatment providers must diligently follow the field’s literature and refine their services and programs.
Citing Addiction Group (AG), alongside our own expertise, we can consolidate the most fundamental qualities of successful rehab down to:
- A deep understanding of addiction; understanding hereditary, socioeconomic, mental health, and other factors of it.
- Dedication to personalization; tailoring programs to best meet each case’s needs, as no two cases of addiction are identical.
- Focus on dual diagnosis; addressing co-occurring mental health disorders that might be fueling addiction.
- Additional support; holistically supporting the individual, in terms of socialization, vocation, and more.
- Diligent case management; closely monitoring each case throughout rehab and adjusting as needed.
- Appropriate pharmacotherapy; using medication responsibly to alleviate challenges but not risk addiction transfer.
- Robust, evidence-based programs; adhering to the highest industry standards, offering robust programs with demonstrable effectiveness.
- Specific metrics of success; measuring rehab progress and successful outcomes through specific, tangible metrics.
- Staff expertise; having qualified, experienced staff and medical practitioners pilot rehab programs.
- Strong aftercare; building a support network throughout rehab, concluding with aftercare that facilitates relapse prevention
Under these criteria, we feel confident in asserting we offer the best services for drug rehab Charleston WV can provide. Our rehab center and its services meet these criteria to the letter, as we’ll illustrate.
Our programs; robust and personalized
Initially, our programs allow us to stand out among our peers. AAC finds that of the 53 rehab centers in West Virginia:
- 17 offer Inpatient rehab
- 42 offer Outpatient rehab
- 3 offer Outpatient detox rehab
While this availability of services does benefit our local communities, different offerings across different providers can fracture the rehab journey. Working with different providers across different facilities makes case management harder, and decreases the chances of successful rehabilitation.
In contrast, we offer a comprehensive journey to recovery from start to finish. Our robust, yet highly personalized programs allow our patients to complete their journey entirely within our care. From detox to aftercare, they foster trust with our team of addiction experts that can make all the difference.
Medical detox (MAT)
Initially, for all but the mildest of cases, we begin with medical detox; specifically, medication-assisted treatment (MAT).
A staple for most recovery journeys, this initial stage allows the body to flush out harmful toxins as abstinence begins. As the patient stops consuming their substance of choice, cravings and withdrawal symptoms set in. To address these challenges, MAT uses medication to help the patient overcome them. Medical detox typically takes place in dedicated clinical settings, but some drug rehab centers in Charleston WV also offer an outpatient variant.
During our MAT program, you can expect:
- Dedicated clinical facilities that keep our patients comfortable and safe, away from potential triggers
- Continuous medical supervision and psychiatric support as needed
- Use of exclusively safe, FDA-approved medications that don’t entail the risk of addiction transfer
Following successful detoxification, our addiction treatment program typically continues with inpatient programs in clinical settings.
Following a thorough assessment, unless the patient has made enough progress to not need inpatient services, our patients head to the residential treatment center West Virginia trusts. During this phase, they reside in designated clinical facilities and continue to receive support, supervision, and tailored medical assistance. This way they can request assistance as the need arises, all while our medical professionals ensure a successful recovery.
Beyond personalization for each case’s needs, our inpatient programs offer:
- A continued stay in safe and comforting clinical facilities, away from influences that may cause a relapse
- Thorough case management, including planning ahead and recording your progress
- Pharmacotherapy as needed to address underlying factors of addiction and ensure tangible progress
Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHPs)
Before proceeding to the typical next step, depending on the case’s needs, we then offer a step-down service. That is, a partial hospitalization program West Virginia providers are now entertaining as a middle step.
One of the few drug rehab centers in Charleston WV to offer a PHP, we strongly believe it is a necessary offering toward a full recovery. In some cases, the patient may complete an inpatient program but still require some medical care. For these cases, PHPs offer the freedom to reside at home while still receiving some care in clinical settings. While not essential for every journey, it is often the safer and more efficient next step forward.
From our PHP, should you need it, you can expect:
- Continued medical care as needed, including pharmacotherapy, and a keen focus on psychotherapy
- Deeper customization of services, offering the exact levels of care each case requires
- Flexibility in residing at home, allowing you to see to your everyday life responsibilities
Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOPs)
After either of the above, the patient will then be ready to proceed to outpatient care. Such programs primarily focus on psychotherapy in group settings, and no longer hinge on clinical services. As such, they’re more commonly offered than most programs.
Here, what sets us apart from our drug rehab Charleston WV peers is the quality of our services. Instead of relying on lenient outpatient programs, we present the most robust intensive outpatient program West Virginia can offer. Our IOP focuses strongly on behavioral therapy, across more hours weekly and with a stronger emphasis on underlying mental challenges. It brings families and loved ones into the recovery process, and leverages socialization through 12-step meetings.
Throughout our IOP, you will receive:
- Thorough guidance, from dietary advice to relapse prevention education and more
- Holistic addiction treatment, mending the mind alongside the body
- Extensive behavioral therapy, discarding harmful behavioral patterns as you approach the end of the journey
As the final, optional but invaluable, step toward a full recovery come sober living homes. Virtually every alcohol rehab center Charleston WV offers will present this service, but addiction centers for other SUDs may not.
Despite the name, sober living homes offer tremendous assistance to rehabilitation from many SUDs beyond Alcohol Use Disorders (AUDs). Sober living WV programs have newly recovered individuals stay at designated homes with their peers. In doing so, and with such house rules as curfews and continued abstinence in place, they fully cement addiction recovery.
Both as a finalizing stage and as a continuous step of aftercare treatment, NIH research attests to their effectiveness. As such, we are proud to offer this option at the conclusion of any rehabilitation, so that individuals can:
- Socialize with their peers and reintegrate into everyday life
- Attend 12-step meetings and build communal bonds in the process
- Maintain abstinence through peer reinforcement and support
Our treatment practices; evidence-based and evolving
Our programs can only be as potent as our treatment practices themselves, however. This holds true for all addiction treatment; programs are only structured and orderly vessels for therapeutic practices.
To ensure our programs can uproot addiction effectively, we continue to strive for nothing short of perfection. Our treatment practices remain informed by scientific advances, and always put the individual and their own needs to progress first. It’s this dedication that makes us the rehab center Charleston WV trusts, as our track record shows.
Behavioral treatment services
Initially, all of our programs offer stage-appropriate behavioral therapy. How it applies to each program will depend on a case-by-case basis, but we’re keenly aware of its unquestionable value. In fact, NCBI confirms that behavioral therapy best augments traditional pharmacotherapy:
“The level of progress in the behavioral treatment of drug abuse in recent years has exceeded what many researchers and practitioners had believed possible. Efficacious behavioral treatments exist, and conditions for which efficacious medications exist can be treated with combinations of behavioral and pharmacological treatments that have even greater potency than either type of treatment alone.”
For this reason, we offer:
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (CBT), leveraging the benefits of dialectical behavior therapy for addiction from as early as possible
- Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT), allowing our therapists to combine cognitive and behavioral therapy principles to augment therapy sessions
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), crafting the perfect CBT treatment plan for substance abuse for each case and helping secure abstinence
Following our variety of programs and treatments, we seek to personalize therapies in two key ways. First we personalize based on rehab progress, and in addition we cater to unique needs of special groups.
As regards the former, we offer:
- Individual therapy, with a stronger focus on early rehab stages that require discretion
- Group therapy from outpatient programs onwards to let the patient vocalize their journey
- Family therapy as a means of reconnecting patients with their loved ones
- Motivational interviewing to assist in behavioral therapy as needed
And as regards the latter, as all drug rehab centers in Charleston WV should, we offer specialized services such as:
- Rehab for professionals
- Rehab for pregnant women
- Intensive rehab for young adults
- Rehab for seniors
- Rehab for veterans
A keen focus on dual diagnosis
Moreover, we deeply understand how significantly mental health disorders can affect addiction treatment outcomes. NIDA finds that 37.9% of adults with SUDs also have mental illnesses, and 18.2% of adults with mental illness also have an SUD.
This is the principle of dual diagnosis, which holds that SUDs often co-occur with mental health disorders. Having seen how prevalent it is ourselves, we focus our programs on treating a range of mental health disorders, including:
- Bipolar disorder
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders and borderline personality disorders
Our treatment scope; extensive and holistic, driven by our expert staff
Finally, as our offerings hopefully show, we deeply understand the vast scope of addiction. For this reason, we tailor our programs to specific substances, maintain a holistic approach to rehab, and have our qualified staff spearhead our efforts. Whether you seek benzo addiction treatment or alcohol rehab Charleston WV can deliver in Harmony Ridge.
First, we know that different substances come with different withdrawal symptoms, different severities, and different challenges to overcome. It’s this same factor that drives alcohol rehab centers in WV to expand their services and expertise, for that matter.
To address this, we offer specialized services for:
- Alcohol rehab
- Cocaine rehab
- Stimulants rehab
- Heroin rehab
- Marijuana rehab
- Opiate rehab
- Meth rehab
- Fentanyl rehab
- Ambien rehab
- Barbiturates rehab
- Benzodiazepine rehab
A holistic approach to therapy
Second, we are firm believers in what the American Psychological Association (APA) calls this the “mind-body meld”. This principle holds that the mind and the body are indivisible, and must receive healing at the same time.
To address this, and provide expansive therapy that best suits each case, our programs offer optional holistic therapy practices including:
- Art therapy
- Adventure therapy
- Music therapy
- Outdoor therapy
- Guided meditation
- Reiki and tai chi
- Spiritual therapy
A professional team
Finally, our efforts are spearheaded by our team of licensed, seasoned specialists. Between their years-long experience in their respective fields and continued education and training, they are the cornerstone of our success. Diligent and empathetic, they let us deliver the best services for drug rehab Charleston WV has to offer without fail.
To staff our diverse programs, our team includes:
- Clinicians, nurse practitioners and managers, and clinical directors
- Licensed therapists
- Admissions and case managers
- Alumni coordinators
Our insurance coverage; accepting all major insurance providers
If the range and depth of our programs and services makes you worry over potential costs, fear not. We deeply understand how prohibitive rehab costs can be, and always strive to remain affordable with no compromises in quality. It is our philosophy and our moral mission to do so, and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
For one, you’ll be pleased to know that our state offers an expanded Medicaid program, as Addicted.org finds:
“West Virginia has an expanded Medicaid program. Without it, many of the state’s residents affected by the opioid epidemic would have been unable to access treatment. […] The vast majority of West Virginia substance use treatment services accept Medicaid, making it possible for more people to get the help they need.”
In addition, on insurance coverage, we accept all major health insurance providers beyond Medicaid. Those include:
Finally, our representatives and admissions agents will thoroughly explore all financing options available, from Medicaid to self-pay and personal loans. At your request, they can also make arrangements for family members or loved ones to make payments for you.
Harmony Ridge Recovery is here for you
In summary, our rehab center makes no compromises in program variety, personalization, or quality of services. At Harmony Ridge we strive for nothing less than perfection, catering to each patient’s needs from start to finish. It is this dedication to our mission that lets us rise above our peers and serve our state’s communities. Our robust, expansive programs driven by our experienced staff let us deliver the best services for drug rehab Charleston WV has to offer.
If you or your loved ones need professional rehab services, we at Harmony Ridge are here for you. Our representatives are available 24/7, and will professionally and discreetly set your mind at ease if you have any concerns. Feel free to contact us today, and let us craft an ideal journey to recovery like no other.